We invite you to join with us in walking for the kids of Liberia. Your personal involvement in our walk allows our kids to have an education that they would not otherwise ever be able to afford. We believe that education will change the future of Liberia. With a few small steps at a time we can make a difference!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Liberian Nativity Scene

 
An important part of our Christmas decorating every year is to put up our Liberian nativity set.  I love setting it up. It is one of my favorite carvings brought back from Liberia.  As I was getting ready to wrap it up and put it away for another year I got to thinking...I also have this one..


This particular set was shipped from Liberia and the staff was broken when it arrived. We glued it back together with wood glue and tucked all the pieces away and left it in a box. So, I thought instead of storing it longer maybe I should offer it here. So here's my offer..if you make a donation for a child to go to school (25.00 would cover the cost of one child to attend Lightstream Academy) then I will send you this nativity set. If there is anyone out there who might like this as a keepsake from Liberia, leave me a comment and donation and I will send it to you! Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. I'd LOVE to have this for my daughter for when she is older. (I e-mailed earlier, but finally found this next page with comments/paypal.) Please let me know if it is still available. We are a big family on a budget, but since it is a good cause we feel strongly about we can donate $40 plus shipping. Thank you and have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,

    I would love this nativity set. I collect them, and have several from Africa, but none from Liberia. We actually intended to adopt from Liberia just about the time the country shut down. How do I send you the money (and is it really only $25 to send a kid to school???).

    Patty Mueller
    ppod1@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry ladies but this sold almost immediately. are either of you interested in a Noah's Ark Set from Liberia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be. Our youngest twins (age 3 1/2) came home from there in February of last year. I'd love to have something like that to give my daughter (or son really) when she is older. The chance of us making it to Liberia in the next 10+ years is slim. I'd love something, anything like that, to give either of them later on in life. Next time you are in Libera if you happen to pick up another Nativity please let me know
    :-) If you are indeed re-homing Noah's Ark I'd love it. Just let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eilean,
    I would sell the Noah's Ark. We ordered sets from Liberia and they ALL came back with only a couple animals and they are not paired. When I go back to Liberia I can definitely look for a nativity and bring one back for you. I plan on bringing a few different items back. I will post a pic of the Noah's Ark and you can let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take it! Should I just Paypal you and how do you want me to pay for shipping? As for the not paired animals: I love it because it kinda goes along with our whole adoption experience and Liberia in general--it happened, but not at all the way that it was expected at all. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit, as my kids would say:-) Also if you do think about it when you are there, I would LOVE to have a Nativity for Phoebe. Anytime you get another let me know. Please consider it a "standing order". I am very impressed with GOO and look forward to the day that our family can support you all more. I'll email with you with my address and let me know about payment. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eilean,

    Yes, you can just click on the paypal button on this link. I will cover shipping for you! I will add your nativity to the things to get in Liberia. Can I get your email so I can email you the price once I am there? That way you can accept or deny at that time. Thank you for your compliments about GOO. It is encouraging! I will ship the Noah's Ark after I hear back from you. Thanks again, your contribution is helping to send our kids to school in Liberia and that is something I am passionate about.

    ReplyDelete