We invite you to join with us in walking for the kids of Liberia. Your personal involvement in our walk allows our kids to have an education that they would not otherwise ever be able to afford. We believe that education will change the future of Liberia. With a few small steps at a time we can make a difference!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Message From Frank G. Traub

I first heard about Global in January of this year when I was invited by a friend to accompany her to a workshop being hosted by the organization. When I returned home I immediately got in touch with Pastor Ben and told him that there was something very different about Global. As a Liberia I’ve seen the workings of humanitarian organizations in my country; and believe me when I tell you, a lot of them do not account for much. It saddens my heart to see people pushing their own agenda under the guise of helping the needy. However, with Global there was just something different. As I looked into the faces of couples present and heard them talk about my people with so much passion, I knew that these people, while not the wealthiest donors, where making the most sacrifices. I saw and talked to husbands who stayed home as their wives did what their hearts told them was right.

Fast forward to June and I’m invited to speak at a walkathon planned by Global. The objective: that people here in America (especially their children) will have an idea about how most children in Liberia walk to and from school (and many a times on empty stomachs). If I was surprised in January, I was blown out of my mind on Saturday, the 25th. I saw kids who were so enthusiastic about what their parents were involved in. I saw families of the organizers rally around them in support. But more than that, I saw Liberian kids who had been brought over to America either for medical care or to be placed in proper homes with love and care. In any case, these kids were being given the opportunity to dream again- the opportunity to have hope in a world that they’d given up on.

My only regret was that it was held so far in Wisconsin where not many Liberians are; and I thought a lot of Liberians should have the opportunity to see what’s really being done to help us as a nation. So if there is a possibility of a program being held in Minnesota, I would gladly welcome the idea. The hearts and the motive of the people involved are too pure to not be allowed to touch and encourage others. So on behalf of the Liberian people, I say a big THANK YOU! And may God continue to bless the works of your hands!!!

Yours truly, Frank Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment